Quinta das Cegonhas comes for the winter of 2016/2017 with a new offer ``a long stay winter`` Anyone who likes to be in a warmer area for a longer time, can go here. A place that is far away from mass and hustle and bustle but close to peace, nature, authenticity, friendliness with ample comfort.
What is being offered?
- the bar / reception are open at certain times every day
- 1 x a week will be cooked for guests by a participation of minimal 6 persons
- walks from the quinta and on every second Sunday of the month a walk to Folgosinho because of the market and BBQ.
- free and unlimited Wi-Fi at the campsite
The environment provides:
- a lovely indoor swimming pool in Gouveia with a 32 degree bath. A ten baths map is for sale.
- excellent hairdresser
- film/theatre, the program can be consulted at the reception
- veterinarian practice
- doctor, hospital
- small villages with grocery stores, chemist, busstop, taxi, restaurant
- cities like Viseu and Guarda for the necessary cultural needs and to shop
- "Montebelo" golfcourse in Farminhão, Viseu
- a visit to one of the thermal pools in the areaalt
In the six wintering months from October to March the weather in this region is very divers in nature. Sunny days often means that light ground frost is up to 4 degrees below zero. Those sunny days can have a daytime temperature reaching 15 to 20 degrees.
After 4 pm. cools it off. Raindays are less cold an then the daytime temperatures is between 10 and 15 degrees. It is not snowing at the campsite. Higher in the Serra da estrela nature park is snow from an altitude of 1000 meters. The snow then gives the landscape a very especially ancient Greece for the combination with the rocks.
The sun heats up the campsite from approximately 10.00 am and depending on where you stand, you can substantially benefit. There are many periods that you can be outside.
Price for a longer period on request.
Reservations are required, not necessarily.